Note that at our 2014 Annual General Meeting on May 21 League volunteers will be available to discuss the details of Neighbourhood Renewal with you.
Here is the timeline we have received from the City:
- Now to July 1, 2014: the Bonnie Doon Community League surveys property owners for their preference of decorative street lighting.
- July 2, 2014: the BDCL submits the consensus preference re decorative street lighting to the City.
- July 3 to September 1: the City calculates the cost to property owners for the preferred street lighting.
- September 2, 2014: the City tells the BDCL the additional cost to residents for the preferred street lighting.
- September 3 to November 16: Bonnie Dooners vote for either decorative street lighting or the standard street lighting.
- November 17, 2014: the BDCL announces the result of the vote and submits the paper ballots to the City.
- 2015: Renewal construction from 82 Ave to 88 Ave.
- 2016: Renewal construction from 88 Ave to 92 Ave.
- 2017: Renewal construction from 92 Ave to Connors Road.
At May's AGM we will know more details about this process. Meanwhile, please write to us with your questions and opinions.