I invite you to inform me of any matters related to transportation, infill, environment, safety and law enforcement, bylaws, or zoning that you view as opportunities or issues. Or you can send your questions…which I will try to find answers for (new to the job). I will slowly become more informed about the topics that matter to you. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obviously the pandemic and social isolation are the current matters at hand, but as the case numbers drop, the City will return to a new normal. What should that “normal” be like? What will have changed? Budgets will be severely strained so voluntarism may take a much larger role in our civic life.
Some examples of things to think about:
- Transportation: the completion of the LRT and the creative project that the former roundabout at 85 street has become. Traffic through the neighbourhood.
- Environment: We still have climate change looming ahead of us. Is the City prepared? What should be happening to Mill Creek----do we have to live with that smell?
- Bylaw enforcement: Several communities have raised concerns about noise.
- Planning and zoning: We have many major projects surrounding us….the mall, the new development in Hollyrood. There have been changes to the allowable buildings and occupancy in our neighbourhood.
- Homelessness: We have many homeless people moving through our neighbourhood. This is part of a much larger problem. Hope Mission is using the Central Baptist Church as an overflow for sleeping area for homeless people (which seems important and beneficial to me….).
- Policing: I have personally been disappointed from time to time with the support we get from Edmonton Police (but also occasionally very pleased). Do you feel adequately protected in Bonnie Doon?