We have up to 15 spots available, so if you're interested, please write to Mark, firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd like to know what types of books you enjoy reading and your thoughts on how the club should operate. Here are our initial thoughts:
- Format: In person for 5 to 15 participants
- Membership: must be current members of one of Edmonton's community leagues.
- Books: We'll pick the first book and then have others suggest or take turns selecting
- Schedule: Every 2 months on a weekday evening
- Ground rules:
- 2 months to source and read a book
- Fiction only from deceased authors
- Preplanned questions with the aim of moving to primarily open discussion
- At Bonnie Doon Community Hall
- Coordinate with EPL?
- Look for bulk purchase opportunities (local bookstores or online companies)
- Digital options – free online versions (https://www.gutenberg.org/) or EPL
We're looking forward to hearing from you!