Everyone is welcome to join in. Drop your response in the mail box at Bonnie Doon Hall (9240 – 93 St NW) by Friday, January 22. There will be a random draw on January 23 and winners will be notified by phone. Winners will receive Bonnie Doon Community League touques!
The Trendall Family's Christmas Quiz was a local tradition in Bonnie Doon for many years. Their family would sit around at their home on 92 Street, trying to answer all the questions. We've adapted the idea for a Family Quiz December 2020.
You can print out the quiz or pick up a copy from the Picnic Table at Bonnie Doon Park. Answer as many questions as you can. Printable version here
1. How many oak tree seedlings did Joe Opgenorth plant on 90th Street, between 85 Avenue and 88 Avenue? _________
2. What is the circumference of the biggest tree on your block? ___________ cm. Do you know what kind of a tree it is? ______________________
You may be able to find the answer on the yegTreeMap where you can search by location or neighbourhood.
3. How many Lodgepole Pine trees can you find in Bonnie Doon Park? ___________
Did you know that Little Brown Bats in Edmonton prefer Lodgepole Pines for roosting during summer days?
4. Describe 1 tree with a commemorative plaque in Bonnie Doon:
5. Shortly after Bonnie Doon Park was redesigned in 1999, Paramount Pictures filmed parts of their popular family adventure film, Snow Day, in the park. If you check it out over the holidays, watch for the rink scenes and some of the chases. There wasn't much snow in Edmonton that year, and the forest in Bonnie Doon Park wasn't quite as lush as Paramount required. According to locals, "snow was trucked in from nearby fields and many tree branches were added to snow banks in Bonnie Doon to enhance the local forest when Snow Day was filmed."
Is this statement True or False? _____________________________________________
6. Estimate the size of the biggest bird nest you have seen in Bonnie Doon? ______________________________
Who lives there? __________________________________________
Where is it? ______________________________________________
What tree did they pick? ____________________________________
7. And finally, 'Who put the bop in the bop-she-bop-da-bop and who put the ram in the rama-lama-ding-dong'? You got me...?? Name that tune. This line concluded one of the Trendalls' quizzes.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com
Quiz completed by: ________________________________ Age: ________
Phone Number: _________________________________________________
You can learn more about The Trendall Family, the Snow Day movie and Joe Opgenorth's tree planting in Bonnie Doon's History Book. Available to purchase online on our website! $40 for a hardcover and $25 for a soft cover.