- The Good News: as of Nov 12, 2022, Bonnie Doon rink is very close to opening (pray for low hi temps!).
- The Bad news: we are about to lose 1 and 1/2 of our 2 top-notch ice makers.
Morgan will be done volunteering at the end of November, as he and his wife prepare to move to Hinton. He is such a positive & energetic Force of Nature. We will miss Morgan dearly.
Dan and Jacinthe plan on traveling a bit this winter. He's the 0.5 loss! Dan will help when he's around. He has been relentless in his efforts to make the best outdoor ice in Edmonton.
Here are some jobs that contribute to making a great outdoor rink:
- Ice making, which involves removing snow and flooding
- Supervising, which means opening and closing the shack (for warming and washrooms) and some light cleanup
- A host of occasional tasks, include cleaning the shack & washrooms, getting gas, organizing the maintenance of our snowblowers and sweeper, repairing fencing, nets & boards.
If you can contribute to keeping our beautiful rink running please write to Jan, email@example.com. Even an hour makes a difference. A couple of hours monthly would be a big win!
One way to get a feel for things is to partner with Dan or Morgan some evening or weekend when they are flooding. Another idea is to contact the team during a snow storm and arrange to visit after the storm to help with the 'blowers. Write to Jan and she'll hook you up!