Whether you're already a winter riding expert willing to share your knowledge, trying to get started with cold-weather cycling and looking for some pointers, or just hoping to build connections in your community and take action on climate change, this workshop is for you.
Join the EFCL - Green Leagues and our panel of speakers for an evening of information and discussion on winter cycling! We're proud to welcome our guests:
- Isla Tanaka - City of Edmonton's Winter City Planner and Winter Cycling Federation Board Member
- Nicola DiNicola - Fancy Women Bike Ride and Coffee Outside
- Cheryl Villetard and Chris Chan - Paths for People
In this event we will discuss:
- The community-building magic that is winter biking
- How Leagues can support community members to bike in the winter
- The benefits of cycling year-round
- Myths versus realities of winter biking in Edmonton
- Tips, tricks and advice for League members to lead by example
- A thought or two on gear
We look forward to seeing you there!